THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND DATA MADE AVAILABLE AT THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.Limitation of Liability
PAISLEY PRODUCTS OF CANADA INCORPORATED AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR CLAIMS OF ANY NATURE OR TYPE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM:
- the use of or reliance on the Information contained in this website;
- any inaccuracy or omission the Information contained in this website or the failure to keep such Information current;
- any inaccurate or incomplete Information caused by Internet software or transmission problems;
- the use of the Internet generally, including Internet software, computer viruses; and/or damage to your computer hardware, data, information, materials, or business resulting from the Information or lack of information on this website.
This website and the contents hereof are protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of Paisley Products of Canada Incorporated or third parties and is protected under the copyrights laws of Canada and other countries. Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission or other copying or modification of trade-marks and/or the contents of this website may be a violation of any federal or other law that may apply to trade-marks and/or copyrights and could subject the copier or retransmitter to legal action. Unless otherwise specified, no one has permission to copy, redistribute, reproduce, republish, store in any medium, re-transmit, modify or make public or commercial use of, in any form, the Information on this website. Subject to the preceding paragraph, Paisley Products of Canada hereby grants to you a limited license to print and copy Information contained in this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. Such license is revocable at any time at Paisley Product's sole option. If any such use of this Information is made, you shall ensure that all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices are retained and you must expicitly acknowledge Paisley Products of Canada as the sole owner of such Information.Access to Password Protected and Secure Areas
Access to and use of password protected and / or secure areas of this website are restricted to authorized visitors only. Unauthorized visitors attempting to access these areas of the website may be subject to legal action.Third Party Website Links
Paisley Product's website may provide listing of and/or links to third party websites as a convenient information service only. Paisley Products of Canada accepts no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices, content, opinions, accuracy, and administration of such other websites, nor do we monitor or endorse these websites. We encourage our customers and visitors to this website to be aware of the privacy policies of every website that collects personal information.Jurisdiction
Paisley Products head office is located in Ontario, Canada. Any dispute arising out of the use of this website shall be governed by the Laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and shall be brought exclusively in the courts of Ontario. Paisley Products of Canada makes no representation that this website or the contents hereof is appropriate or legal in all jurisdictions. If you are accessing this website from outside of Canada, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that all applicable laws are complied with.
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd manufacturer Warranty, Assumption Of Risk, Remedy For Breach of Warranty and Limitation of Liability that applies to any Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd products distributed and sold by Paisley Products of Canada Incorporated:
WARRANTY & DISCLAIMER; ASSUMPTION OF RISK; REMEDY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; INDUSTRIAL USE.
1. Warranty & Disclaimer.
We only warrant that the Products are free of defects in workmanship or material and meet the specifications in effect at the time of shipment. If any Products prove defective, we will correct such defects by repair or replacement at our own expense if you or your customers or both have not altered the Products in any way and have maintained the Products in accordance with our recommendations.
1.2 THIS WARRANTY IS OUR EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY AND IS PROVIDED INSTEAD OF ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, ARISING UNDER ANY STATUTE, LAW, COMMERCIAL USAGE, OR OTHERWISE (WHICH WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE), EXCEPT WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND INFRINGEMENT. WE NEITHER ASSUME NOR AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR USE OF OUR PRODUCTS.
2. Assumption Of Risk.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING AT LAW OR AT EQUITY, SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR OTHERWISE OTHER THAN CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY PROXIMATELY CAUSED BYA DEFECT IN THE PRODUCTS.
3. Remedy For Breach of Warranty.
YOU SHALL PROMPTLY GIVE US A WRITTEN NOTICE AND AN EXPLANATION OF CIRCUMSTANCES CONCERNING ANY CLAIM THAT PRODUCTS HAVE PROVED DEFECTIVE IN MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP OR BOTH.
4. Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR YOUR OR YOUR CUSTOMERS’ LOSS OF PROFITS, OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, ARISING OUT OF ANY ASSERTED BREACH, OR NONFULLFILLMENT, OF THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST YOU BY ANY OTHER PARTY. YOU AGREE TO NOTIFY YOUR CUSTOMERS OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- Supplier is to provide a certificate of conformance, test reports, and authorized release certificates, at no charge.
- Supplier is required to review any Paisley test procedures, inspection and verification specifications as noted on this purchase order.
- If requested, supplier is to provide samples for approval, inspection or investigation or auditing.
- Supplier is required to notify Paisley Products of any non-conforming products supplied to Paisley. Supplier is required to obtain approval from Paisley for any arrangements regarding non-conforming products and approval for disposition.
- Supplier is required to notify Paisley Products of any changes in product and/or process definitions, changes of suppliers, changes of manufacturing facility location and where required, obtain approval from Paisley Products of the changes.
- Supplier is to grant access to authorized representatives of Paisley Products, and/or our customer and/or any regulatory authorities to all supplier facilities involved in the purchase order and to all applicable records at any level of the supply chain.
- Records are to be maintained for a minimum of 7 years. After this term Supplier is required to send copies of the record to Paisley.
- Supplier is required to flow down to sub-tier suppliers the applicable requirements on their purchasing documents, including Paisley’s customer requirements, where required.
- Supplier is required to implement a quality management system
- Supplier, if required, will use our customer’s designated sources.
- Supplier will allow authorized representatives of Paisley Products the right to conduct surveillance of the supplier’s quality system, processes and inspections of products at any point in the manufacturing cycle. This include verification and validation activities.
- Supplier is required to have a process to prevent suspected unapproved, counterfeit parts and unapproved parts.
- Suppliers are required to use valid statistical method for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance to be maintained by the supplier.
- Supplier performance will be monitored and reviewed and followed up when the performance expectations fall short of requirements.
- Supplier is to maintain competency and qualification of their employees as specified in this purchase order.
- Supplier are required to review and comply with Paisley’s Ethics Policy.
- Product Safety supplier is required to provide information for safe handling and use of their products (e.g. safety data sheets that have been reviewed within the last 3 years)
- Supplier to ensure that their employees are aware of their contribution to quality products and/or service
Additional terms for purchasing from aerospace distributors in order to prevent counterfeit parts.
- Distributor is required to provide manufacture’s certificates of conformance, their own certificate of conformance and acquisition traceability.
- Parts must be new items only. Used, refurbished, or reclaimed parts are not acceptable.
- Parts must be supplied in original manufactured condition, with original manufacture’s labels, markings and packaging.
All suppliers to Paisley Products of Canada Inc. are expected to follow an ethics policy in accordance to the following.
Suppliers strictly prohibited from offering, paying, promising, or authorizing:
any payment or other thing of value to any person directly or indirectly through or to a third party for the purpose of (i.e., in exchange for): causing the person to act or fail to act in violation of a legal duty; causing the person to abuse or misuse their position; or securing an improper advantage, contract or concession; to Paisley Products of Canada or any other party;
To promote compliance with anti-corruption laws in Canada and other applicable jurisdictions, no suppler personnel shall undertake any Improper Payment Activity in respect of a foreign official, a domestic official, or a person doing business in the private sector.
In addition, Supplier books and accounting records must ensure that there is a reasonable relationship between the substance of a transaction and how it is described in its books and records.
Human Rights and Labour Standards
Forced Labor, Human Trafficking and Slavery
Supplier shall not use any form of forced labor including prison, indentured, bonded, military, slave or any other forms of forced labor. Supplier shall not participate in the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harboring or receipt of any persons by means of threat, use of force, or any other forms of coercion, abduction, fraud, deception, abuse of power or position of vulnerability, or the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person for the purpose of exploitation. Suppliers shall not retain an employees’ government-issued identification, passports or work permits as a condition of employment and shall allow employees to resign from their positions at any time.
Supplier shall ensure that no underage labor has been used in the production or distribution of their goods or services. Employees must not be younger than the minimum employment age established by the respective country or local jurisdiction. In the event no minimum employment age is established, employees must not be younger than the age of compulsory education; or if no minimum age for compulsory education is established, employees should not be younger than age 14.