3M™ Weatherban™ Ribbon Sealants PF 5422 and PF 5423 are a supported synthetic rubber sealant in ribbon form. They offer a watertight, gasket-like seal in applications such as bedding glass, around window and door frames, etc. They can also act as a metal seam sealer in overlap seams, building panels, rain gutters, and can be used in conjunction with mechanical fasteners. They offer outstanding resistance to weathering, and develops good adhesion to glass, metal, and most other surfaces.
- Protective liner and sealant are different widths for easy release.
- Maintain tack at temperatures as low as 40°F (5°C) permitting application in unheated area.
- Stays in position on vertical or overhead surfaces.
- Easy hand layup – no special equipment needed.
- Repositionable during application. Builds aggressive adhesion with time.
- No shrinkage.
- Vibration and sound dampening qualities.
- Helps prevent bimetallic (galvanic cell action) corrosion, when placed between metal surfaces.
- May be positioned side by side to achieve varying widths.
Application Method: Apply by hand
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS): Click Here
Technical Data Sheet: Click Here
Consistency: Solid Tape
Consumer Label: No
Elongation: 200 Percent
Hardness: 30 Shore A
Industries: Transportation, Specialty Vehicle, General Industrial
Product Form: Roll
Solids Weight Percent (Approximate): 100 Percent
Tensile Strength: 33 psi
*Actual product colours may vary from on-screen and printed representations.